Oakland, California – Often referred to as the “Academy Awards of the East Bay,” the East Bay Innovation Awards is the premiere program of its kind that celebrates and honors the extraordinary companies and organizations that contribute to the East Bay’s legacy of innovation and unique assets. Entering its ninth year, the annual awards ceremony showcases outstanding organizations that embrace innovation in their manufacturing, products, services, design, and information.
More than 200 East Bay companies and organizations were nominated for the 2021 East Bay Innovation Awards, showcasing the best examples of innovation in product development, services and processes. This robust list was reviewed by subject matter experts and narrowed down to twenty (20) finalists in ten (10) competitive categories. Nominees from across Alameda and Contra Costa Counties will be highlighted during the virtual awards ceremony on October 14, 2021 and Awardees will be revealed that evening. The virtual awards ceremony will be hosted by Scott McGrew of NBC Bay Area and feature entertainment from local artists and raffles prizes, save the date!
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is the winner of the 2021 Legacy Award.
Finalists in the competitive categories are listed in alphabetical order:
- Advanced Manufacturing: ARRIS Composites (Berkeley) & Mycoworks (Emeryville)
- Arts and Culture: ARTogether (Oakland) & Living Jazz (Oakland)
- Built Environment: Buildings IOT (Concord) & Geopogo (Berkeley)
- Clean Tech: Monarch Tractor (Livermore) & Nelumbo, Inc. (Hayward)
- Community Impact: Black Cultural Zone (Oakland) & RYSE (Richmond)
- Education: Community Resources for Science (Berkeley)& Girls Garage (Berkeley)
- Engineering and Design: AEye, Inc. (Dublin) & Gel-Pak Lid/Clip Super System LCS2 (Hayward)
- Food: GELTOR, Inc (Emeryville) & UPSIDE Foods (Berkeley)
- Life Sciences: 10X Genomics (Pleasanton) & ATUM (Newark)
- Technology: Love Never Fails (Dublin) & Potrero Medical (Hayward)