Oakland, California – The 10th annual East Bay Innovation Awards returns in person to the historic Fox Theater in Oakland on Thursday, August 4, 2022. Often referred to as the “Academy Awards of the East Bay,” the East Bay Innovation Awards is the premiere program of its kind that celebrates and honors the extraordinary companies and organizations that contribute to the East Bay’s legacy of innovation. For 10 years, the annual awards ceremony has showcased outstanding companies and organizations from Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
This year, nearly 200 nominations were submitted in 10 competitive award categories. From these, 20 finalists were announced at the East Bay Innovation Block Party at the Bridge Yard in Oakland. These finalists will join East Bay EDA in August at the Fox Theater for a fun-filled evening presented by Kaiser Permanente and hosted by Scott McGrew of NBC Bay Area. Tickets are now on sale for the 10th annual awards ceremony featuring entertainment, networking, raffle prizes and more! Legacy Award and Finalists in the competitive categories are listed below in alphabetical order:
California State University, East Bay is the winner of the 2022 Legacy Award.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Checkerspot (Alameda) & DuPont EKC Technology (Hayward)
- Arts and Culture: Hip Hop for Change (Oakland) & Nomadic Press (Oakland)
- Built Environment: Build It Green (Oakland) & Studio KDA – Poet’s Place (Berkeley)
- Clean Tech: EnerVenue (Fremont) & MCE Community Choice Energy (Concord)
- Community Impact: Building Opportunities for Self-Sufficiency (Berkeley) & Lao Family Community Development (Oakland)
- Education: Biotech Partners (Berkeley) & Green Biome Institute (GBI) at Cal State East Bay (Hayward)
- Engineering and Design: POP Manufacturing (Emeryville) & Squishy Robotics (Berkeley)
- Food: Finless Foods (Emeryville) & Petit Pot Inc. (Emeryville)
- Life Sciences: Bionova Scientific (Fremont) & Eikon Therapeutics (Hayward)
- Technology: Ambi Robotics (Berkeley) & Applied Silver (Hayward)